Brewmaster's Beer Stew
Brewmaster's Beer Stew is an old Danish recipe from 1870 - 1880. Originally it was made of smoked
fat instead of bacon and vinegar instead of Worcestershire sauce.
- 10 ounces smoked bacon
- 1 pound cooled, boiled potatoes
- 4 teaspoons butter
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup non-sweet beer
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 to 10 juniper berries
- Salt and pepper
- Finely-chopped parsley (for garnish)
- Cut bacon into dices and the potatoes into slices.
- Melt butter in a pot and add the sugar.
- Add bacon and fry until the meat is light brown.
- Add the potatoes, beer, Worcestershire sauce and a little water and stir lightly.
- Add the bay leaves, juniper berries and a little salt and pepper.
- Et the stew simmer under cover for 20 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and Worcestershire sauce.
- Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.