"Burning Love" is a Norwegian comfort food that serves as a main dish with mashed
potatoes, infused with butter, cheese, and then
topped with bacon and chives. Burning Love was a traditional dish for poor
- 1 pound potatoes
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 2 onions
- 1/4 cup mozzarella or provolone cheese (optional)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons chives or parsley
- Peel or scrub potatoes, and boil them for 20-25 minutes in unsalted
water or until tender enough to mash.
- Cut bacon into small cubes.
- Fry bacon in skillet, and place on platter with paper towel when done.
- Chop onions, and fry them in the bacon grease.
- Mash the potatoes with the cheese (if desired), butter, salt and pepper.
- Serve the mashed potatoes with onions and bacon on top.
- Sprinkle the dish with chives or parsley before serving.
>> INTERNATIONAL RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.