Cream of Salmon Soup
(Lohikeitto — Finland)
- 4 cups water
- 3 medium potatoes, pared and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white or black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 pounds skinless salmon fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Minced dill weed (optional)
- Heat water, potatoes, onions, salt, pepper and bay leaf to boiling in Dutch oven;
reduce heat. Cover and simmer until potatoes are almost tender, about 10 minutes;
stir in salmon.
- Cover and simmer until fish flakes easily with fork, about 5 minutes
- Remove bay leaf.
- Stir 1/2 cup of the soup liquid into whipping cream.
- Gently stir cream mixture into the soup; heat through.
- Sprinkle with dill weed.
Yield: 6 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.