Danish Apple Cake
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons sweet unsalted butter, melted slightly
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup peeled, cored and finely chopped apples
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cheddar cheese, shredded, to taste
- Sweetened whipped cream or Cool Whip, to taste
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease well a 9-inch square glass baking dish.
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Stir in slightly melted butter.
- Add beaten egg, apples, nuts and vanilla extract; stir to combine.
- Bake 30 minutes in prepared pan or until a wooden pick tests done.
- Serve warm with a bit of shredded Cheddar cheese sprinkled over the top and a
dollop of whipped cream.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.