Danish Shrimp Sandwich (Reje Mad)
- Several slices of dark rye, thinly sliced
- Unsalted butter
- 1 head Boston
or butter lettuce
- Good-quality mayonnaise (about 2 tablespoons)
- 6 to 8 large
- Thinly sliced lemon
- Watercress or dill for garnish
- Butter several slices of bread, cutting in half if slices are very large. Top
each with leaf lettuce so that it extends over sides of bread.
- Top lettuce with
generous lump of mayonnaise, about 1 teaspoon.
- Place 2 large shrimp beside each other on top of mayonnaise, so mayonnaise holds
them in place.
- Put another dab of mayonnaise on top, followed by thin twist of lemon
and sprig of watercress or dill for color.