Danish Stuffed Duckling (Stegt And)
- 1 (4 to 5 pound) duckling
- 3 cups rye bread crumbs
- 1 apple, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup cut-up prunes or raisins
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
- 1 egg, beaten
- Fasten neck skin of duckling to back with skewers Lift wing tips up and over
back for natural brace.
- Mix remaining ingredients. Fill body cavity of duckling
lightly with stuffing. Fasten opening with skewers.
- Place remaining stuffing in small greased baking dish.
- Cover and refrigerate; place in oven with duckling during
last 30 minutes of roasting.
- Place duckling, breast side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Prick skin with fork.
- Roast duckling uncovered at 350 degrees F until done, about 3 hours, removing
excess fat from pan occasionally. If duckling becomes too brown, place an aluminum
foil tent lightly over the breast. Duckling is done when drumstick meat feels very
- Place duckling on heated platter. Let stand for 10 minutes for easier carving.
- Serve with stuffing.
Yield: 4 servings
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.