Finnish Cranberry Whip (Vatkattu Marjapuuro)
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- Dash of salt
- 1/3 cup farina
- Heat cranberries in 1 1/2 cups water to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered
until berries pop, about 8 minutes.
- Press cranberries through sieve to remove skins. return juice to saucepan.
- Add sugar, 1 cup water and the salt; heat to boiling.
- Add farina gradually, stirring constantly. Cook, stirring occasionally, until
thickened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Pour into small mixer bowl. Beat on high speed until pudding becomes fluffy and
light pink, 3 to 5 minutes.
Yields 4 to 6 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.