Hasselback Potatoes (Sweden)
- 6 medium baking potatoes (2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- Cut potatoes crosswise into 1/8-inch slices, cutting only 3/4 through. Place
cut side up in greased 11 x 7-inch baking dish. Brush with butter; sprinkle with
salt and pepper.
- Bake at 375 degrees F, brushing with butter once or twice, for 45 minutes.
- Mix cheese and bread crumbs; sprinkle on potatoes.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake until tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
Yields 6 servings.
Variation: Potatoes can be baked with a roast at 325 degrees F for 1 hour. Brush
potatoes with meat drippings, then sprinkle with cheese mixture. Bake until tender,
about 30 minutes.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.