Hasselback Potatoes (Sweden)
- 6 medium baking potatoes (2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- Cut potatoes crosswise into 1/8-inch slices, cutting only 3/4 through. Place
cut side up in greased 11 x 7-inch baking dish. Brush with butter; sprinkle with
salt and pepper.
- Bake at 375 degrees F, brushing with butter once or twice, for 45 minutes.
- Mix cheese and bread crumbs; sprinkle on potatoes.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake until tender, 20 to 30 minutes.
Yields 6 servings.
Variation: Potatoes can be baked with a roast at 325 degrees F for 1 hour. Brush
potatoes with meat drippings, then sprinkle with cheese mixture. Bake until tender,
about 30 minutes.