Jam Coconut Squares (Syltkokosrutor)
- 7 ounces butter or margarine
- Scant 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- Good 1/3 cup jam or jelly for the filling
- 5 egg whites
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups flaked coconut
- Quickly mix the ingredients for the dough and roll it out on a greased baking
plate to a square, approximately 12 inches square.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15
minutes until almost done.
- Stir together the ingredients for the coconut mixture in a saucepan. Simmer while
stirring until thick but still runny. The batter must not boil!
- Spread jam or jelly
of your choice over the warm dough plate, then drop the coconut mixture on top and
even it out.
- Bake at 400 degrees F until completely done, approximately 7 minutes.
The coconut mixture should set slightly and become golden brown.
- Cut the cake into pieces while still warm and let the squares cool on the baking
Posted by Pat's Cookin at Recipe Goldmine on 10/8/2001, 3:56 pm.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.