- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 sticks butter or margarine
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Mix sugar, butter, egg yolk and a small amount of the buttermilk and soda until
blended. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add remaining buttermilk, 1 cup flour, baking
powder and vanilla extract and beat until blended.
- Stir in the remaining flour.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Cut dough into 4 parts and work with one part at a time, leaving the rest in
- Cut off enough dough to make a roll 1/2-inch thick and 9 inches long and shape
into a circle or figure 8 shape on a lightly floured cookie sheet.
- When pan is full, bake at 500 degrees F for 5 minutes until very lightly browned.
If you wish to brown tops, you may do so carefully under the broiler, but watch
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.