- 5 cardamom seed pods
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Dash of nutmeg
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup sifted flour
- Crush cardamom seeds after removing from pods.
- Gradually add sugar to beaten
eggs and beat until fluffy.
- Add cream, vanilla extract, cardamom, nutmeg and half of the butter. Beat until
- Add flour and mix until smooth.
- Add remaining butter and mix well.
- Place 1 level tablespoon of batter in center of preheated krumkake pan. Close
lid and cook until lower side of cookie is light brown, about 3 minutes.
- Remove cookie from upper half of iron with a spatula. Roll while still hot around
the handle of a wooden cooking spoon. Cool.
- Store in airtight metal containers.
- Serve plain or fill with whipped cream just
Makes 2 dozen cookies.
Krumkake pans can be purchased in specialty cookware stores.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.