Norwegian Almond Cake
- 6 egg whites
- 6 ounces almonds
- 8 ounces confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- Cake: Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Chop almonds and add to egg whites.
- Blend in sugar and baking powder.
- Bake in springform pan for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Let cool; spread frosting on top.
- Cream Frosting: Heat whipping cream, egg yolks and sugar over low heat in saucepan
until sugar is dissolved.
- Let cool.
- Mix in butter until well blended and spread over Almond Cake.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.