Norwegian Almond Cake
- 6 egg whites
- 6 ounces almonds
- 8 ounces confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- Cake: Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat egg whites until stiff.
- Chop almonds and add to egg whites.
- Blend in sugar and baking powder.
- Bake in springform pan for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Let cool; spread frosting on top.
- Cream Frosting: Heat whipping cream, egg yolks and sugar over low heat in saucepan
until sugar is dissolved.
- Let cool.
- Mix in butter until well blended and spread over Almond Cake.