Norwegian Rice Cream
with Strawberry Sauce
- 1 pound small grain white rice (not instant)
- 3 cups water
- 4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups strawberry preserves
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Rice Cream: Cook rice with water and salt for 15 minutes.
- Add milk and cook for
30 minutes until rice is tender and of a thick consistency. Let cool.
- Whip cream with sugar and vanilla extract.
- Combine rice and cream and serve with strawberry sauce.
- Strawberry Sauce: Combine all ingredients in a blender and mix for one minute.
Fresh strawberries may be added if desired.
- Serve rice cream in a bowl with sauce on the side, or portion and cover with
Posted by CookinMom at Recipe Goldmine May 21, 2001.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.