Norwegian Rice Cream
with Strawberry Sauce
- 1 pound small grain white rice (not instant)
- 3 cups water
- 4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups strawberry preserves
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Rice Cream: Cook rice with water and salt for 15 minutes.
- Add milk and cook for
30 minutes until rice is tender and of a thick consistency. Let cool.
- Whip cream with sugar and vanilla extract.
- Combine rice and cream and serve with strawberry sauce.
- Strawberry Sauce: Combine all ingredients in a blender and mix for one minute.
Fresh strawberries may be added if desired.
- Serve rice cream in a bowl with sauce on the side, or portion and cover with
Posted by CookinMom at Recipe Goldmine May 21, 2001.
>> INTERNATIONAL RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.