- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, sliced
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- To begin the bottom layer: Using the softened stick of unsalted butter, cut it
into the first cup of flour until it looks pebbly. Use a fork to stir in a pinch
of salt and the ice water until the mix is a soft dough.
- Form the dough into two
14 x 3-inch rectangles on an ungreased cookie sheet. Set aside.
- Begin the top layer: In a medium saucepan, heat the milk and the sliced stick
of butter until boiling and remove from heat.
- To the milk and butter add 1 cup flour and stir until smooth.
- Beat the sugar and eggs one at a time into the flour milk mixture. Beat well.
- Spread this mixture over the two bottom layers.
- Bake until lightly browned.
- While Kringle is baking, prepare glaze: Combine the sifted confectioner's
sugar, vanilla extract, softened unsalted butter and milk.
- Drizzle glaze over the still-warm Kringle and set aside.
- In a small bowl, toss slivered almonds with confectioners' sugar.
- Sprinkle almonds over the top of the Kringle while the glaze is still tacky.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.