- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, sliced
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- To begin the bottom layer: Using the softened stick of unsalted butter, cut it
into the first cup of flour until it looks pebbly. Use a fork to stir in a pinch
of salt and the ice water until the mix is a soft dough.
- Form the dough into two
14 x 3-inch rectangles on an ungreased cookie sheet. Set aside.
- Begin the top layer: In a medium saucepan, heat the milk and the sliced stick
of butter until boiling and remove from heat.
- To the milk and butter add 1 cup flour and stir until smooth.
- Beat the sugar and eggs one at a time into the flour milk mixture. Beat well.
- Spread this mixture over the two bottom layers.
- Bake until lightly browned.
- While Kringle is baking, prepare glaze: Combine the sifted confectioner's
sugar, vanilla extract, softened unsalted butter and milk.
- Drizzle glaze over the still-warm Kringle and set aside.
- In a small bowl, toss slivered almonds with confectioners' sugar.
- Sprinkle almonds over the top of the Kringle while the glaze is still tacky.
>> INTERNATIONAL RECIPES
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.