The savory dumplings are excellent with almost any
meat main course, and they offer a new alternative to more traditional side dishes.
- 4 cups shredded raw potatoes
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 to 3 quarts beef, ham or chicken broth
- 16 (1/2 inch) cubes cooked ham
- Melted butter
- Chopped parsley
- Place potatoes in a strainer. Rinse with cold water to prevent browning; drain
- In a bowl, combine flour and salt.
- Add potatoes; stir until coated.
- In a medium saucepan, bring broth to a boil over medium heat.
- Using a serving
spoon, scoop a rounded spoonful of potato mixture, about the size of an egg.
- Press 1 cube of ham into center, covering completely.
- Using a slotted spoon, carefully
lower dumpling into hot broth.
- Quickly shape remaining dumplings the same way and lower into broth.
- Adjust heat to maintain a simmer but not a hard boil. Simmer for at least 45 minutes,
turning over dumplings after about 25 minutes.
- Use slotted spoon to lift dumplings from broth.
- Serve hot with melted butter; garnish with parsley.
Makes 16 dumplings; serves 6 to 8.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.