Potato Lefse (Norwegian)
- 3 cups cooled, mashed potatoes
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons shortening or oil
- 2 tablespoons cream
- To the cooled, mashed potatoes, gradually add the remaining ingredients.
out 1 tablespoon at a time, using part of the 3 cups flour to keep from sticking.
- Bake lightly on both sides on a large griddle or any other flat surface.
- Cool on dish towel, keeping lefse separated from one another.
- To serve, spread with butter and sugar and roll.
- Keep fresh by rolling in towel.