Potato Lefse (Norwegian)
- 3 cups cooled, mashed potatoes
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons shortening or oil
- 2 tablespoons cream
- To the cooled, mashed potatoes, gradually add the remaining ingredients.
- Roll out 1 tablespoon at a time, using part of the 3 cups flour to keep from sticking.
- Bake lightly on both sides on a large griddle or any other flat surface.
- Cool on dish towel, keeping lefse separated from one another.
- To serve, spread with butter and sugar and roll.
- Keep fresh by rolling in towel.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.