Rhubarb Pudding (Rabarbragrot — Norway)
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh rhubarb, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chilled whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Heat 1 3/4 cups water and 3/4 cup sugar to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Add rhubarb. Simmer uncovered until rhubarb is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Mix 1/4 cup water and the cornstarch; stir into rhubarb. Heat to boiling, stirring
constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour into serving bowl or dessert dishes.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Beat whipping cream and 2 tablespoons sugar in chilled bowl until stiff.
- Pipe through decorators' tube or spoon onto pudding.
Yields 6 servings