- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 cup sifted flour
- Beat eggs with sugar and salt. Do not over-beat.
- Add flour, milk and vanilla
extract alternately and blend until smooth. Beat lightly to break up as many lumps
- Heat deep fat until a bread cube browns in 1 minute (about 370 degrees
- Heat a rosette iron in the hot oil and dip the iron three-quarters of the way
into the batter, being careful that the batter does not get onto the top of the
- Return the iron to the hot oil. Fry until rosette is lightly browned and drain
on absorbent paper.
- When cool, dust rosettes with confectioners sugar or dip them
in granulated sugar while warm.
- Store in airtight container.