Rum Pudding (Norwegian)
- 1 envelope plain gelatine
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 5 egg yolks, beaten
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 pint hot milk
- 1/2 cup rum
- 1 cup whipping cream,
- Soak gelatine in cold water until soft. Beat egg yolks with sugar until frothy
and lemon-colored, then slowly add hot milk, stirring constantly.
- Pour the mixture
into top of a double boiler over boiling water, and cook for a few minutes until
smooth and creamy.
- Add gelatine mixture to this; blend well, then cool.
- When cream is cool, add rum and whipped cream.
- Pour into a mold and chill for several hours.
- Serve with raspberry sauce or whipped cream.