Scandinavian Chicken and Cabbage
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 8 chicken legs (about 3 pounds)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Mix flour, seasoned salt and celery seeds in a resealable plastic bag.
- Add chicken legs, a few at a time, to bag. Shake bag to coat chicken.
- Add chicken to skillet. Cook, turning occasionally, until browned, about 10 minutes.
- Place chicken in a medium-size baking dish.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add onion to skillet. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add undrained tomatoes, caraway seeds, salt and sugar. Bring to a boil.
- Add cabbage; mix well.
- Spoon over chicken.
- Cover dish with foil.
- Bake until chicken is cooked through, about 45 minutes.
- Remove foil; sprinkle mozzarella over chicken.
- Bake until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.