Scandinavian Pot Roast
- 1 (3 to 4 pound) beef arm or blade pot roast
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons vegetable
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) package mixed dried fruit
- 1 cup orange juice
- Cornstarch (optional)
- Combine flour, salt, pepper and ginger.
- Dredge meat in seasoned flour.
pot roast in vegetable oil.
- Pour off drippings.
- Add cinnamon stick and water.
- Arrange dried fruit on pot roast.
- Cover tightly
and cook slowly 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until meat is tender.
- Add orange juice and cook slowly 15 minutes.
- Discard cinnamon stick.
- Remove meat to heated platter.
- Thicken fruit and liquid
mixture with cornstarch for gravy if necessary.
Makes 6 to 8 servings
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.