Scandinavian Salmon Cheddar Pie
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced green onion
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Wisconsin Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 pound fresh cooked, flaked salmon or 1 can (6 1/2 ounces) salmon, drained, flaked
- 1 pie shell, baked, cooled (9 inch)
- 3/4 cup dairy sour cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- Beat eggs in large bowl; add milk, butter, 2 tablespoons of the parsley, onion,
1 tablespoon of the lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and mustard; mix well.
- Fold in cheese and salmon; pour into cooled pie shell.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes or until just set and crust is golden brown.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Combine sour cream, cucumber, remaining 1 tablespoon parsley, dill, remaining
1 teaspoon lemon juice and pepper; mix well.
- Dollop each serving with sour cream mixture.
Yield: 6 servings
Recipe and photo credit:
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin