Swedish Apple Pie
- 2 cups parboiled sliced apples (I use Granny Smith)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 10-inch unbaked pie shell
- Boil apples just until beginning to soften; drain well.
- Mix drained apples, flour, sugar and salt; beat eggs and vanilla extract together and
add to apple mixture.
- Fold in sour cream.
- Pour into pie shell and bake for 40 minutes.
- While pie is baking, prepare topping as follows: Combine 1/3 cup sugar, 1/3 cup
flour, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon and 1/4 stick softened butter until mixture resembles
- Remove pie from oven and sprinkle on topping.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes.
Posted by Cookin Dad at Recipe Goldmine 7/12/01 8:03:06 am.