Swedish Brown Beans (Bruna Bonor)
Swedish brown beans can be found in Scandinavian markets and some of the large
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 pound dried Swedish brown beans
- 1/3 cup packed brown
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat water and beans to boiling in Dutch oven; boil 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat;
cover and let stand 1 hour.
- Add enough water to cover beans if necessary. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover
and simmer 1 hour.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cover and simmer until beans are
tender, 50 to 60 minutes, adding a small amount of water if mixture becomes dry.
Yield: 4 servings