- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or coarse salt
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees F). Grease 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan;
- With electric mixer, cream together eggs and sugar; add flour, baking powder,
salt, melted butter and almond extract, beating until just mixed.
- Spread into prepared
baking pan and sprinkle with the almonds.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until tested done
and lightly browned.
- Cool, and cut into bars.
Makes 24 servings.
Nutrition Facts (per serving): 200.3 calories; 44% calories from fat; 10.1g
total fat; 55.6mg cholesterol; 106.3mg sodium; 46.4mg potassium; 25.3g carbohydrates;
0.6g fiber; 16.9g sugar; 24.7g net carbs; 2.8g protein