Swedish Meatballs (Kottbullar)
Serve with parsleyed potatoes.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon instant beef bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon
- Minced parsley
- Mix beef, pork, bread crumbs, milk, egg, onion, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, nutmeg
- Shape mixture into 1-inch balls. For each shaping, dip hands into cold
water from time to time.
- Place meatballs on ungreased 15 1/2 x 10 1/2-inch jellyroll
pan or in 2 13 x 9-inch pans.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F until light brown,
about 20 minutes.
- Remove meatballs to serving dish; keep warm.
- Place 3 tablespoons pan drippings
in saucepan; stir in flour. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture
is smooth and bubbly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in water, half-and-half, bouillon and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Pour gravy over meatballs;
sprinkle with parsley.
Makes 48 meatballs
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.