Swedish Tea Cakes
- 1 package dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water
1/4 cups sifted flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup chopped raisins
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sifted confectioners'
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons evaporated milk
- Soften yeast in warm water.
- Sift flour, sugar and salt into mixing bowl.
in butter until particles are fine.
- Add evaporated milk, egg, raisins and yeast to
flour and butter mixture. Mix well.
- Cover. Chill at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Make filling when ready to roll out dough.
- Divide dough into three parts. Roll out one part on a floured surface to a 12
x 6-inch rectangle.
- Spread with 1/3 of the filling. Roll up starting with 12-inch
side. Seal by pinching dough together.
- Make roll into crescent shape and place on
cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Make cuts along outside edge about 1 inch
apart to within 1/2 inch of center. Repeat.
- Let all three rolls rise in a warm place
(85 degrees F to 90 degrees F) until light (about 45 minutes).
- Bake at 350 degrees
F for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Frost with icing while hot.
- Filling: Cream butter and brown sugar.
- Add pecans.
- Icing: Brown butter in small iron skillet.
- Add confectioners' sugar, vanilla
extract and evaporated milk until it is of spreading consistency.
Makes 3 crescents.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.