Lean Picadillo Pie
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground pork
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes, cut up
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apricots or raisins
- 12 sliced pimento-stuffed olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 cups cornmeal
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat; cook and stir pork, onion,
green pepper and garlic for 5 minutes, until pork is lightly browned.
- Stir in tomatoes, dried fruit, olives, almonds and chili powder. Cover and
simmer for 10 minutes.
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in a large saucepan; gradually stir in cornmeal;
mix well. Spoon into 13 x 9-inch baking dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
Top with pork mixture. Cover with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Cut into squares to serve.