Little Latin Meatballs (Albondiguitas)
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons snipped parsley
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Meatballs: Remove stems, seeds and membranes from peppers; chop peppers.
- Mix peppers, beef, egg, bread crumbs, milk, cheese, onions, salt and pepper.
Shape mixture into 1-inch balls.
- Place in an ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees F until brown, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve with salsa.
- Salsa: Heat all ingredients.
Makes 36 meatballs.