Pan de Banana (Guatemalan Banana Bread)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 to 3 large, ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the mashed bananas, lemon juice, salt, cinnamon, and egg and mix well.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder and fold into the banana mixture.
- Pour into a greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pan and bake in a preheated 350 degree
F oven for 1 hour, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Makes one loaf.