Pastel de Choclo (Chilean Corn Pie)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 hardboiled eggs, sliced
- 2 packages frozen corn
- Confectioners' sugar
- Brown ground beef.
- Add onion, cumin, oregano, salt, pepper and raisins. Cook slowly until brown.
- Place in buttered casserole.
- Arrange egg slices on top of meat.
- Chop frozen corn in blender until paste-like. Cook slowly in small amount
of oil over low heat, adding milk to prevent burning or sticking.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread corn mixture over meat and egg layers.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until browned.
- Serve hot.
Makes 6 servings.