Peruvian Marinated Shrimp
(Seviche de Camarones)
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup each lemon juice, lime juice, orange juice
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 scallion (spring onion) green and white parts, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro or parsley
- Finely chopped red or green hot chile pepper, to taste
- Salt and freshly-ground pepper, to taste
- 2 to 3 avocados, halved and pitted (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients except the avocados in a glass or ceramic bowl
and stir to combine thoroughly.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Serve mounded on the avocado halves, or on a bed of lettuce.
Serves 4 to 6.