- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds beef or goat stew meat, cut intobite-size pieces
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves,cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 5 cups water
- 1 large yam, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium russet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large, firm ripe plantain, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 MAGGI Beef Flavor Bouillon Cubes, crushed
- 1 pound ham, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 ears of corn, cut into 1-inch slices (optional)
- 1 jar (3.5 ounces) capers, drained (optional)
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- Combine oregano, thyme and coriander in small bowl. Sprinkle half of mixture
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook, stirring
occasionally, until no longer pink.
- Remove beef from pan. Sprinkle remaining herb mixture over chicken. Cook
chicken until no longer pink, adding more oil if necessary.
- Remove chicken from pan.
- Cook onion, bell pepper and garlic until tender, adding more oil if necessary.
- Add beef to vegetables in saucepan. Stir in water, yam, potato, plantain
and bouillon. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover; cook
for 30 minutes.
- Add chicken and ham; cover. Cook for an additional 40 minutes or until beef
- Mash potatoes, yam and plantain in pot with potato masher.
- Stir in corn, capers and hot pepper sauce.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until corn is tender.
6 to 8 servings | Prep: 20 min | Cook: 1 hr 35 min
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Nestlé® and meals.com