Baked Crab with Port
(Santola ao Porto)
The Portuguese santola is a hard-shelled crab with tender, sweet meat.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1/4 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons tawny port wine
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon diced pimentos
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 scallion, with top, sliced
- 6 drops red pepper sauce
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, cartilage removed
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon butter or margarine, melted
- Snipped parsley
- Lemon wedges
- Mix mayonnaise, whipping cream, wine, capers, pimentos, mustard, salt, scallion
and pepper sauce in medium-size bowl.
- Gently stir in crabmeat.
- Divide mixture among 4 ungreased scallop baking shells or individual casseroles.
- Mix bread crumbs and margarine; sprinkle over crab mixture.
- Bake uncovered at
375 degrees F until mixture is bubbly and crumbs are golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley, and serve with lemon wedges.