Baked Eggs with Ham, Sausage
and Peas (Huevos la Flamenca)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes (with liquid)
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 4 ounces fully cooked smoked ham, diced
- 1 smoked chorizo sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup cooked green peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimento
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- Cook and stir onion and garlic in oil in 2-quart saucepan until onion is tender.
- Add tomatoes, sugar and paprika; break up tomatoes with fork. Heat to boiling; reduce
heat. Simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes.
- Cook and stir ham and chorizo sausage in 8-inch skillet until sausage is done,
about 5 minutes; drain.
- Divide tomato mixture evenly among 4 ungreased 1-ounce custard cups.
- Break 1 egg over mixture in each cup.
- Arrange ham mixture, peas and pimiento around each egg.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees F until eggs are set, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Serve in custard cups.
Yield: 4 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.