Classic Spanish Omelet
- 2 medium-size raw potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- Salt and pepper
- Cook potatoes in oil, turning often until tender but not brown.
- Remove from the oil, then drain on absorbent paper; cool to room temperature.
- Drain any surplus oil from skillet, leaving just a film.
- Reheat skillet.
- Combine beaten eggs, salt, pepper and potatoes.
- Pour into the hot skillet, lifting the edges frequently until the omelet is browned on the bottom.
- Turn and brown the other side.