(Morgado de Figos do Algarve - Portugal)
- 1/2 pound dried figs
- 1/2 pound ground almonds
- 2 ounces cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1/2 pound granulated sugar
- 4 ounces water
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Mince the figs finely or put them through a food processor.
- Assemble the remaining
dry ingredients, except for the sugar, in a mixing bowl.
- Combine the sugar and water in a heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring only
until the sugar is dissolved, then boil without stirring for a minute or two, just
until it has thickened and is slightly reduced.
- Remove from the heat and beat in the remaining ingredients. The mixture will
be very stiff.
- Return to the heat and cook gently until it is slightly shiny and
comes away from the sides and bottom of the pan in a mass. This only takes a few
- Pat into an 8-inch pan or shallow dish. Allow it to cool, then cut into small
squares and sprinkle with granulated sugar.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Spanish and Portuguese Recipes