Galician Almond Torte
(Torta de Almendras Santiago)
This is usually decorated with a stenciled cross of Santiago de Compostela on
- 1 pound blanched, skinless almonds or almond powder
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Juice and grated zest of 1 lemon
- Confectioners' sugar
- Toast the almonds in a preheated 350 degree F oven until light golden brown.
- Process almonds in a food processor until finely ground.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Add the flour, ground almonds and lemon zest and stir just until mixed.
- Pour into a greased and floured springform pan and bake until a knife blade inserted
in the center comes out clean, about 1 hour.
- Cool for 15 minutes, then pour the lemon juice over the surface.
- Remove from the pan and cool on a rack.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar before serving.
Serves 10 to 12
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.