Green Beans in Tomato Sauce
This is popular in Northern Spain and Portugal.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 3 medium
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook and stir onion and garlic in oil in 3-quart saucepan until onion is tender.
- Add remaining ingredients except cheese. Cover and simmer over low heat until beans
are tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
Yields 6 servings
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.