Kale and Bean Soup
This is a great vegetarian dish from my collection.
- 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
- 6 to 8 cloves garlic, crushed or minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cups kale, chopped if fresh (you can use 2 or 3 packages frozen or 2 to 3 cans)
- 4 cups chicken or veggie broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white beans, any kind
- 1 can stewed tomatoes or chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- In a large pot, heat olive oil then add garlic and onion. Sauté until soft. Add
kale and sauté until wilted. Add 3 cups of the broth, 2 cups of beans, tomatoes,
herbs, salt and pepper. Simmer 5 to 10 minutes.
- Use a blender, or what have you, to mix the remaining beans and broth until smooth.
I bet you're asking why. It's to thicken the soup. Mix into soup. Simmer
for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve it up in bowls and dress with parsley.
Submitted to Recipe Goldmine by Gil Sequira whose website you can visit at: