Lemon and Celery Pilaf (Portugal)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked regular rice
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons snipped parsley
- Cook and stir onion and garlic in butter in saucepan until onion is tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except parsley. Heat to boiling, stirring once
or twice; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 14 minutes without lifting cover or stirring.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in parsley lightly with fork; cover and let steam 5 to 10 minutes.
Yield: 7 servings