- 1/2 lime, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/2 orange, thinly sliced
- 6 to 8 large ripe strawberries, hulled
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, or to taste
- 1 (750 ml) bottle dry red wine (preferably Spanish)
- 1/4 cup Cognac or other good quality brandy
- Club soda, chilled
- Ice (optional)
- Combine the lime, lemon, and orange slices, strawberries and sugar in a large pitcher. Mash with a wooden spoon to release the juices.
- Add the wine and brandy and stir to dissolve the sugar. Taste and add more sugar if necessary.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or until well chilled.
- Just before serving, add chilled club soda to taste.
- Serve in wine glasses, with or without ice.
Servings: 4 to 6