Spanish Cinnamon Cheesecake
(Spansk Ostkaka med Kanel)
- 6 eggs
- 3 deciliters (1 1/4 cups) granulated sugar
- 500 grams (1 pound) cottage cheese
- Grated peel from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the dish
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons fine dried breadcrumbs
- Heat the oven to 175 degrees C/350 degrees F.
- Beat eggs and sugar white and fluffy. Process the cottage cheese in a food processor
until very smooth.
- Mix egg batter and cottage cheese and flavor with lemon peel and cinnamon.
- Grease and "flour" (use the breadcrumbs) a dish with loose edges, diameter
24 cm / 9 - 10-inches. Pour in the batter and bake in the bottom of the oven for
about 45 minutes. If the cake gets too dark, cover with some aluminum foil towards
- Serve cool with whipped cream.
Serves 10 - 12
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine May 27, 2001
Source: Bella - A recipe from Mallorca. My cousin and her family moved there
from Barcelona and stayed for a couple of years due to her husband's work, and
they sent me this recipe several years ago. I found it in a drawer ... I can't
imagine why I put it there! So I made it and it's simply DELICIOUS! You must
promise me you'll try it too