Spanish Garlic Soup
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups leeks, trimmed and sliced (white and light green parts only)
- 12 to 15 cloves peeled garlic, coarsely chopped
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Croutons (for garnish)
- In Dutch oven, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Sauté leeks and garlic for 2 to 3
- Add chicken broth, potatoes, salt and parsley. Bring to a boil. Reduce
heat, cover and simmer 45 minutes.
- Puree in blender or food processor until smooth. (May be made up to this
point in advance) Add cream. Heat JUST to a boil. Swirl in remaining butter.
- Serve hot.
- Garnish with croutons and more parsley or chives if desired.
Serves 6 to 8