Steak with Blue Cheese Sauce
(Entrecote al Queso Cabrales - Spain)
- 8 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons
dry white wine
- Dash of ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 4 small New York strip or rib eye steaks, 1 inch thick (about 2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup water
- Minced parsley
- Cook and stir cheese, garlic, wine and red pepper over low heat, stirring frequently,
until cheese melted; keep warm.
- Heat butter in 12-inch skillet until hot. Cook beef steaks over medium-high heat,
turning once, until medium doneness, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Sprinkle with pepper. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Add water to skillet. Heat
to boiling, stirring constantly to loosen browned bits; boil 2 minutes.
- Stir pan juices into cheese mixture. Pour over steaks.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
Yield: 4 servings
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.