Black Thai Pork
- 4 boneless pork chops, cut into stir-fry strips
- 1 cup salsa or picante sauce
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed, toasted if desired
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced scallions
- 3 cups hot cooked cellophane noodles or rice
- For sauce, in a medium saucepan combine salsa, peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar,
molasses and water. Bring to boiling, stirring often. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a plastic or paper bag combine chili powder, ginger, garlic salt
- Add pork strips; shake until pork is coated with spice mixture.
- In a large skillet heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat; cook and stir pork
strips for 2-3 minutes or until cooked through.
- Spoon the sauce onto individual plates.
- Arrange the pork strips on top of sauce.
- Sprinkle with sesame seed, then top with green onions.
- Serve with noodles or rice.