(Kanom Kluk — Thailand)
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- Vegetable oil
- Red and green food coloring
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Shredded coconut
- Beat flour, sugar, salt, coconut milk and eggs in medium-size bowl until smooth.
- Stir in 3/4 cup coconut.
- Divide batter equally among 3 bowls.
- Tint one part of batter
pale pink with red food color, and one part pale green with green food color; leave
third part untinted.
- Lightly oil 8-inch nonstick skillet; heat until hot.
- For each
pancake, pour scant 1/4 cup batter into skillet; immediately rotate skillet until
batter covers bottom.
- Cook until top is almost dry and bottom is light brown. Run wide spatula around
edge to loosen; turn and cook other side until light brown.
- Roll up pancake, and place on heatproof platter; keep warm.
- Drizzle with sweetened condensed milk and sprinkle with coconut.
Makes 18 pancakes