Pineapple Fried Rice
This is an all-around favorite. You will find this dish on almost every Thai
restaurant's menu. It is also fun to make, because you can actually serve in
- 1 pineapple, medium size
- 4 ounces sliced chicken
- 3 tablespoons chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon ginger, ground
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
tablespoons dried shrimp
- 3 tablespoons garlic, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 2 cups steamed rice
- Cut the pineapple in half lengthwise, and scoop out the fruit. Cut the fruit
into bite size chunks.
- In a large skillet, heat a tablespoon of oil, and fry the dry shrimp until crispy.
Set it aside, and drain the skillet.
- Add one more tablespoon of oil, and fry the garlic until its becomes golden brown.
Turn to medium/high heat Add in the rice, and stir.
- Add in the fish sauce and sugar; continue to stir for about a minute.
- Add in
the pineapple and the shrimp that you set aside earlier, and continue to stir for
about another minute.
- Put the contents into the halved pineapple, and serve.
- Garnish with some fresh
cilantro and/or sliced beets.
Posted by WingsFan91 at Recipe Goldmine 6/25/01 6:47:24 am.