This salad is drenched with the sweet-salty flavor for which Thailand is famous.
- 1/3 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 to 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- 1 small pineapple
- 1 tart
red apple, diced
- 3 scallions (with tops), sliced
- 1 small bunch romaine, shredded
- Shake oil, lemon juice, soy sauce and brown sugar in tightly covered jar.
top off pineapple; cut pineapple into quarters. Cut fruit from rind; remove core
and any eyes. Slice each quarter lengthwise; cut crosswise into chunks.
- Toss pineapple
chunks, apple and scallions with dressing.
- Place romaine in shallow bowl; mound
fruit mixture in center.
Yields 6 servings