Pumpkin and Coconut
Cream Soup (Thailand)
This is really good!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 green shallots, chopped
- 2 small fresh red chiles, chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped lemon grass
- 1/2 teaspoon shrimp paste
- 2 small chicken stock cubes, crushed
- 2 cups boiling water
- 500g (1 pound) pumpkin, chopped
- 400ml (13 fluid ounces) coconut cream
- 250g (1/2 pound) cooked small prawns, shelled
- 1 tablespoon shredded fresh basil
- Heat oil in pan, add garlic, shallots, chiles, lemon grass and paste, cook,
stirring, until shallots are soft.
- Add stock cubes and water, bring to boil, add pumpkin, simmer, covered,
for 5 minutes or until pumpkin is tender.
- Add prawns, stir until heated through.
- Serve soup sprinkled with basil.
- Soup can be made a day ahead.
Storage: Covered in refrigerator. Freeze: Not suitable; Microwave: suitable.
From the kitchen of Martin James – Copenhagen, Denmark.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Thai and Vietnamese Recipes